Pulaski Community Hospital

Categories
Appalachian Collections > Farmer Photograph Collection
Subject
Photography-- Virginia
Portraits
Creator
Farmer, Kenneth Rudolph
Farmer, Theda
Type
film negative
Coverage - Temporal
1945-1995
Identifier
Farmer191.tif
Language
English
Publisher
Radford University. McConnell Library. Archives & Special Collections.
Description
Two nurses attend to a patient in the Pulaski Community Hospital February 12, 1951. The hospital first opened in 1915 as a seven bed hospital. It was expanded in 1926 as a new 15 bed facility on Randolph Avenue. The name was changed in 1965 to Pulaski General Hospital. In 1973 a new and larger hospital was opened on Route 11 and named Pulaski Community Hospital. In 2010 it was again re-named LewisGale Hospital Pulaski. From studio portraiture to candid shots around Pulaski County, Virginia, the Farmer Photograph Collection shows the people and daily life in and around Pulaski County, Virginia in the 1945-1995 timeframe.
Rights
Copyright is held by Kenneth Rudolph Farmer II, and these photographs are reproduced here by permission of the copyright owner. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Farmer Photograph Collection, Appalachian Collection, McConnell Library, Radford University, Radford, VA). Any commercial use or unauthorized reproduction of these photographs, without the written permission of the copyright owner, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the McConnell Library Archives and Special Collections website for more information.