Original Grover Patent tuners that came on this 1927 B&D Silver Bell No. 1. The Bacon Banjo Company was in Groton, Connecticut and was owned and operated by Fred Bacon and David L. Day. The company was started by Fred Bacon in 1906 in Forest Dale, Vermont and later moved to Groton, Connecticut. David L. Day joined the company in 1922. The company was destroyed by a hurricane in 1938 and the business was later sold to Gretsch.