On the inside of the resonator on this B&D banjo is a paper label for the Bacon Banjo Co, Inc. The Bacon Banjo Company was in Groton, Connecticut and was owned and operated by Fred Bacon and David L. Day. The company was started by Fred Bacon in 1906 in Forest Dale, Vermont and later moved to Groton, Connecticut. David L. Day joined the company in 1922. The company was destroyed by a hurricane in 1938 and the business was later sold to Gretsch.