Detail of tailpiece, hanger bolt and the nut holding it all together. This banjo was made by the William Lange banjo company sometime between 1925 and 1939. In 1897, Lange and his partner, Rettburg had a banjo company in New York City making a variety of banjos until 1922 when Lange took over and renamed the company Wm L Lange. Among other banjos, Lange made or was associated with Orpheum and Paramount banjos. Due to the success of Lange made instruments, he also began making lower priced instruments for entry level players. At that time, customers desiring their own name on the peghead could contract with Lange to build them and this banjo falls in that category upon the request of Harry Reser. Harry Reser was a famous banjoist who lived 1896-1965. He was well known for his lightning-fast playing and his teaching materials. In the 1920s he was regarded by many as the country's best banjoist.